Monday, June 21, 2004
News Update… The last week or so has been pretty eventful one for myself and the family. Here are a few of the things that happened:—
- On Tuesday my brother Mark went off to serve for a while on the MV Doulos. He will be in Scotland, the Faeroe Islands and France. He will then be going to spend some time doing some Christian work in Tramore, in the Republic of Ireland (at least that is what we are told!). He is accompanied by his trusty unicycle (‘the Precious’).
- I spent Tuesday to Thursday in Wales doing exams. They all went well. I also got to meet up with a number of friends, including the blogging Stephen Dancer.
- My granny moved into a flat just across the road from our house. She has settled in very well and seems to be making friends very quickly. As her new flat is much smaller than her old house, we have received a lot of very nice furniture. We have also received a lot of cutlery and other such things (I never knew that there was such a thing as a grapefruit spoon!). It is a real blessing to have relatives living within walking distance.
- My parents have just bought a new (second-hand) car. My brothers and I will now be graduating from the old rustbucket Fiat Uno (which was something of an orchestra on wheels…) to the Vauxhall Astra that has just been replaced.
- I tidied up my room. This took almost a whole day as there was quite a bit of moving of furniture, rearranging of my library and sorting out of old files to do. Hopefully the room will now be easier to work in.