<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

A small world Over the last few weeks I have had at least four or five strange 'real life' connections come to my attention through the blogosphere or vice versa. It is amazing how many mutual friends and acquaintances one can share with people on the other side of the globe. These mutual friends and acquaintances aren't always the ones that you would expect either. I have discovered a number of surprising connections with Christians on the other side of the world who I know through the blogosphere. I have also made a few 'real life' friends through activity online. It seems to me that online communities are not as divorced from concrete communities as one might expect, particularly in the case of Christian communities. I have a theory that I could connect every single person on my blog list to any other person on the list in three or four steps or less. In almost every case there would be a number of possible routes. It would be a colossal waste of time to try to prove this, but I'm sure that it could be done.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?