<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I arrived back from America this morning after a journey of approximately 19 hours. The journey went very smoothly, but now I have a huge amount of work and sleep to catch up on. I had a thoroughly enjoyable time away. My brother's wedding could not have gone better. We even had six people there, apart from my family, from our church here in Stoke-on-Trent. I might post some pictures sometime over the next week or so. Life TogetherI managed to do a bit of reading while I was away, which was quite pleasing. I was half expecting to be too occupied with other activities. I read my first book by Bonhoeffer (I don't know why I didn't get around to reading him sooner). Bonhoeffer was clearly steeped in the thought of Luther and the parallels between the two are quite pronounced on occasions. It should be no surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed reading him. I have been doing some thinking in spare moments over the last few weeks on the subject of forgiveness as that which constitutes the community of the Church. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Bonhoeffer made quite a number of the same points. I might blog on the issue some time in the future when I have the time. Once again I am going to have to delay completing my Baptism posts. I have so much work on at the moment that I can barely do anything else. However, I will probably post something on Wright and imputation in the next two weeks. I would also like to give a run down of some of the issues raised in the recent Lord's Supper debate that has been raging on a number of blogs over the last month or so. I have found the debate very helpful and would like to crystallize my thoughts on it sometime in the not-too-distant future. I have added Pontifications and All the Fulness to my blog roll.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?